Cross Connections 2018 International Exhibition of Design & Illustration is a global collaborative project and an invitational exhibition and juried competition. The exhibition was initiated in 2008 and held in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, and 2013 in more than ten universities around the world. The exhibition promotes creativity, innovation, and the trends of international visual communication design and aims to inspire and educate through active engagement.
Hosted and curated by School of Art, College of Fine Arts, the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley (UTRGV), ten higher education institutions from around the world have accepted the invitation to join the exhibition and competition.
The Cross Connections 2018 International Exhibition of Design & Illustration, consists of a selection of 96 artworks in a wide range of visual art forms including 80 print-based works and 16 screen based works. They showcase a fusion of cross country, cross culture, cross discipline, and cross conceptual contemporary design. The selected artwork has been curated for exhibition by a professional jury and will be on display in ten institutions of higher education around the world in the Fall of 2018.
PARTICIPATING INSTITUTIONS (IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER):
- Central Academy of Fine Arts, Beijing, China (CAFA)
- Luxun Academy of Fine Arts, Dalian, China (LAFA)
- LUCA School of Arts, Ghent, Belgium (LUCA)
- Ming Chuan University, Taipei, Taiwan (MCU)
- National Design Institute Moscow, Russia (NDI)
- School of The Art Institute of Chicago, USA (SAIC)
- Shanghai University, China (SHU)
- Autonomous University of the State of Morelos, Mexico (UAEM)
- The University of South Alabama, Mobile, USA (USA)
- The University of Texas at Arlington, USA (UTA)